Center for Healthcare Organization & Implementation Research
Additional Research Areas
CHOIR conducts health service research across a wide range of topics concentrated around our focal areas with additional projects which cut across our other research areas:
- Optimizing Medication Prescribing and Management: including medication therapy management, pharmaceutical economics, comparative effectiveness research, and clinical practice patterns.
- Organization and Implementation, CHOIR has a unique, deep history of expertise in implementation and organization sciences, focusing on implementation strategies, stakeholder engagement, leadership and management, and organizational change.
- The VHA Innovators Network (iNET), one of the signature programs of the VHA Innovation Ecosystem, seeks to empower employees to implement, disseminate, and sustain innovative programs to serve Veterans.
- The QUERI INPOWR Partnered Evaluation (PEC 18-015) employs quantitative and qualitative methods to inform and improve iNET, and has developed quarterly data reporting structures, supporting iNET in meeting participant needs, tracking and reporting progress, and documenting (in FY19) impact on over 120,000 Veterans nationwide.
- Long-Term Care, improving the quality of care for Veterans at the intersection of patient-centered care and safety in long-term care, geriatrics, and extended care.
- Recovery in Behaviorally Vulnerable Populations, particularly Veterans with mental health conditions, substance use disorders, traumatic brain injury, or who are homeless or at risk of suicide.